EASY DIY LACE SHIRT TUTORIAL
Being a taller and I’ll admit, a bit bigger woman, I had a really hard time finding modest shirts that are long enough to stay in place as I do my day-to-day activities. After purging my closet of clothes that didn’t fit, I ended up realizing what a clothing pickle I was in. I had gotten rid of my shirts that didn’t fit, and oops! it was almost all of them. I didn’t really know what to do as my husband and I have been on a tight budget for quite some time. So here’s my solution to the problem:
I “borrowed” one of my husband’s shirts (he has about a million and seven) and made it into a gorgeous lace top!
1. GRAB YOUR HUBBIES (OR BROTHER’S) LONG SLEEVE COTTON TOP.
2. HEAD OVER TO HOBBY LOBBY AND GRAB SOME IRON ON APPLIQUES (LIKE SHOWN BELOW):
3. PIN EACH APPLIQUE TO WHERE YOU WANT THEM.
I put mine on each elbow and the heart on the front pocket.
4. GET YOUR IRON READY (FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON APPLIQUE)
You will also need a cotton shirt, towel, washcloth or something similar.
5. COVER APPLIQUE WITH COTTON FABRIC AND IRON.
6. TURN THE FABRIC INSIDE OUT AND IRON AGAIN.
7. MAKE SURE THE APPLIQUE IS IRONED ON ALL THE WAY